Community Preservation Funds for the year 2020
NOTICE TO BIDDERS
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Town of Southold
Land Preservation Department
Community Preservation Funds Annual Audit
The Town of Southold is interested in receiving written bid proposals from qualified vendors for the preparation of an annual audit of the Community Preservation Funds for the year 2020 for purposes of determining whether the fund has been administered consistent with the provisions of New York State Law § 64-e and Southold Town Code Chapter 17. Written bid proposals are due on Wednesday, January 27, 2021 and must be delivered to the Southold Town Clerk’s office, Southold Town Hall, 53095 Main Road, Southold, New York 11971 by 4:00 PM on that date. Bid proposals must be in sealed envelopes and clearly marked, “2020 CPF Audit”.
The following specifications and/or qualifications are required and may not be deviated from:
• Must be qualified to prepare an annual audit of properties acquired through Community Preservation Funds of the Town of Southold.
• Must possess qualifications or certifications as either an Independent Certified Public Accountant or an Independent Public Accountant, and may not be the accountant that performs the general audit of the Town’s finances.
• The audit is to be conducted in conformity with U.S. generally accepted accounting principles and auditing standards.
• Must have knowledge of the provisions of § 64-e of the Town Law of the State of New York, “Peconic Bay Region Community Preservation Funds”, and all amendments thereto.
• Said Audit for the 2020 fiscal year must be initiated upon awarding of the contract and completed with due diligence. The Audit must be completed and submitted to the Town within sixty (60) days of the execution of an agreement between the Town and the auditor.
• Ten (10) copies of the Audit shall be submitted to the Land Preservation Department of the Town of Southold for its distribution to the State Comptroller, Town Comptroller, and to the Southold Town Clerk. The Audit shall then be made available to the public within thirty (30) days of its completion.
• A Notice of the Audit’s completion will be published in the official newspaper of the Town of Southold and posted on the official sign board of the Town within ten (10) days of its filing with the Town Clerk. Said Audit and Notice shall also be posted on the internet site for the Town.
• The bid price shall not include any tax, federal, state, or local, from which the Town of Southold is exempt.
• Contract period shall be from the date of award until completion of the 2020 Community Preservation Fund audit, with an option for renewal, under the same terms and conditions, with concurrence of the Town and the Contractor for two additional one-year periods.
The Town will review all proposals and choose the professional whom the Town deems to be most capable of providing the services sought herein. The Town may consider other factors in addition to the costs for such services, including, but not limited to, the professional’s credentials, experience within the Town of Southold, and the Town Board’s assessment of the professional’s ability based upon the submissions made with the response to this proposal, previous submissions to the various town boards or subsequent inquiries or interviews.
Dated: December 15, 2020
ELIZABETH A. NEVILLE
SOUTHOLD TOWN CLERK