Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
PUBLIC NOTICE - TOWN OF SOUTHOLD - Fall Leaf Cleanup Program
Starting Date: NOVEMBER 19, 2018
Beginning in Laurel and ending at Orient Point
• The Highway Department will begin collecting BAGGED LEAVES ONLY (in biodegradable paper leaf bags) starting
Monday, November 19. There will be NO collection of brush/branches. Therefore, as of November 19
all residents should have their leaf bags ready at curbside. Leaves are accepted at the compost site free of
charge YEAR ROUND, as long as they are delivered loose or in leaf bags.
• Only brush and branches brought in residential vehicles will be accepted free of charge from Thursday, November
1, through Friday, November 30.
• Brush brought in commercial vehicles (i.e., those with commercial disposal permits or those with a capacity greater
than one ton) will be charged $30/ton (1/2 the regular rate).
• All yard waste must be free from any plastic, garbage or other debris as it will not be picked up or accepted at the
Transfer Station compost site.
• Single-entry fees for vehicles without permits are not waived and WILL STILL BE CHARGED!
Vincent M. Orlando
Superintendent of Highways